Pages

6/12/15

Summer Goals


Today in Chico it is supposed to reach a high of 108 degrees. In Paradise, on the ridge where I live, it's only supposed to reach 102. I can tell it's going to be a scorcher because already at 9 am, the heat outside my door is just the slightest bit uncomfortable. It's a day where you have to shut your doors and windows, against all instincts that tell you to fling them open. It's simply too hot. My cool tile floor will make it to about 4 or 5 pm, at which point it will succumb to the heat, and my little house will finally settle and melt into it, just like the rest of the world. 


I'm organizing this morning and today is Asher's last day of school. I have to run errands, find last minute parts for his costume in his play tonight, and do one million other things that I can't think of. Oh well. The past couple years, I've gotten a lot better at not caring as much about things I can't get done. C'est la vie. For real. 

So far today I've eaten an apricot, several cherries, and had a cup of coffee. I'm about to brush my hair (an undertaking) and shower and then go be in the heat. I think tomorrow I'm going to run off to the woods for a night with my honey and sleep under the stars. 

Summer Goals:

  • Go to the Tuesday market often. Buy lots of stone fruit and hand out postcards for my shop
  • Clean Asher's room. Like really clean it. Get rid of the clothes that don't fit him. Organize. Etc.
  • Read more
  • Write more
  • Go to the water more
  • Nap more
  • Lay around a lot
  • Visit my grandmother and aunt in Wisconsin
  • Make stuff with my hands

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo