Pages

1/16/15

Adventures in Laser Hair Removal - an introduction

Time for another video blog! I know it's been a while, but I'm getting back on the train and I'm going to get good at this, I know it. I'm at the age now where I'm starting to feel like "whoa technology! where are you going!? wait for meeeee!" and I'm also feeling a little bit like "DON'T FAIL ME NOW, COLLAGEN."

Quite possibly, you know these feelings.

I am still young by many definitions, but as I plunge solidly and definitively into my 30s, a few things are different and some perspectives have changed. First of all, I think I more accurately understand the brevity of life. It used to loom before me like an endless road, and now I feel much differently about it. It's so short. Like I've said before, there's no time to hate ourselves or our bodies and no time to be an asshole about anything, really. Enjoy this shit and do what you love because (and I'm sorry to sound like such a cliché here, but...) time will run out.

That being said, this is a year for me to take risks. What I really mean by this is that it's time for me to do what I don't usually do. This is the quickest route to creativity and also a more certain route to fulfillment. We won't get anywhere sitting around wishing for things, you know?

One small thing I'm starting with is (drumroll....) LASER HAIR REMOVAL! Finally. Finally finally finally. I've been wishing for this for years, as I've been fighting epic battles with unwanted hair ever since puberty hit (and that was a long time ago). While I consider myself a seasoned expert in the culture of hair removal, I've always fantasized about Laser because of the time and money I've spent on hundreds of waxing appointments over the years. So, I'm finally doing it. I'll be going to a local spa in Chico called Urban Med Spa, where I've gotten a few massages (amazing) and where I feel very comfortable with the staff and the space (if you remember, space is very important to me).

I'm going to blog about my experience as time goes on, and I have a feeling it's going to be well worth it. My glorious Romanian genes are wonderful and also have given me relentless hair follicles. What ultimately catalyzed my decision was that I noticed my skin suffering from my waxing appointments (see: don't fail me now, collagen) and it was having a harder time recovering from the brutal shock of the strips being pulled off. Falling in line behind my mother, her mother, and the millions of other women that spend countless hours and dollars trying to "save our skin," I decided it was time to change things.

I'm starting with my bikini line and I'll take it from there. I've been waxing my underarms and bikini line since I was around age 16, so it's been awhile. It's time to change it up.

Here's my first video, and I will post a couple more as the process goes on. Don't worry, I'm not giving you any visuals of the actual treatment, I'm just going to mostly talk about it in great detail so that you can get the inside scoop on the treatment and my process.

I am SO EXCITED.


2 comments:

  1. Laser has to be better than electrolysis~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your blog, Sadie. I hope you're doing well. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo