Pages

6/5/14

Be More Productive

Okay kids! Here it is, my first-ever video blog. I have a long way to go with making these way cooler, but here is the first one, plain and simple. I'm excited to get it out there and refine my process and product as time goes on. However, in the spirit of productivity, I'm going to call this one a final product and put it out into the world. 

Please feel free to share in the comments any simple tips you have in being productive. I think it is of the utmost importance that all of us women, mothers, workers, self-starters, etc., be very clear with our intentions and strategy in being productive. Through this, we can create a life and livelihood we love -- and, more importantly -- teach our children to create the same thing for themselves as they grow into adulthood. 

Remember, if it doesn't truly serve you -- Just Say No!




p.s. please comment with feedback, too. what would you like to see in these videos? shorter? more makeup? better backdrop? etc. I'm open to hearing it all.


6 comments:

  1. Yes! if something is not a 100% f yes, then it's a NO! I'm learning that, as I am a people pleaser myself.
    Thank you for this video blog post on the topic of being productive.
    I am so right there in this space of learning how to be
    more productive and letting go of distractions. Great video, and
    awesome presence. Can't wait to see more. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Productivity is a big issue. I have small baby right now and I blame everything on him, but the truth is that I should be practicing some techniques to manage to get more work done. Thank you for all your thoughts on this. I agree that writing down your goals helps a lot. Also, once those goals are clear, I also noticed in my experience that breaking them down into small chunks of achievable, short tasks, helps with motivation. For example, I don't think that I have all these 75,000 words to edit, but that I need to go over 2,000 words today and when I get that done I feel sense of accomplishment, instead of defeat that there is still so much more to go.

    The video is lovely! I loved hearing your voice. For changes, I don't know. A little bit more contrast in the image if you could achieve would be great, but not absolutely important. I love the background (it's like a peek into your life--oh, all the pretty scarves!) and I like the pace of your talking too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Never confuse activity with productivity" this has been my biggest challenge over the years always moving, going nowhere but, then where is there to go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you playing with your hair = mesmerizing. seriously, do a whole video of THAT please. i loved this vlog, and also hearing your voice. i've been mulling over your thoughts around productivity too, and appreciate them more so because you're a mom, so you "get" it. honestly, i wanted a different backdrop...one that is visually interesting, like the patina wall in your profile pic, but that is also simple so that it showcases the most interesting thing = you. i don't know that 'more makeup' is necessary, but because your style is so righteous, i know i wouldn't mind eye candy :). but keeping it low key and real has its merits too, and makes your words feel accessible. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great vlog, I loved the points that you covered. They're so important! I am learning to art of saying no and knowing what is my max now that I'm in my late 20's. I wish I had started sooner! I feel like knowing a healthy balance is so important to your health. And a good reminder for teaching kids about balance. Thanks for this!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo