Pages

6/23/13

The things I keep

I found this dress the other day for the shop, but as soon as I tried it on, i knew i'd have to keep it for a while. few things are as wonderful as a stretchy, comfy, cute cotton dress - in all seasons, really - but most especially in the summer time. i love dresses because they are an instant outfit - no deciding what else to wear with what, etc. 


You know my boots that I wear every day and talk about a lot? Well I found two more pairs of them. Yep, I did. For those of you who don't know, I bought these vintage boots in Portland when Asher was 1. Now they are incredibly broken in, have been re-heeled once, and the leather is losing its color. but they are the most comfortable boots in the world. they can be worn with everything. I can walk far in them, i can dance in them, they are molded completely and utterly to me. i love them. if you ever find a pair of boots like this, you should get them. 


 I will be listing one of the pairs  in my shop soon (size 8 ish), but the other pair is my size, so i'm going to save them for when these babies truly retire. 


4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about dresses! They are so easy and comfortable to wear. I also love your boots! I have an old pair of Frye boots that fit my feet like a glove. They are all scuffed up and look a little worn but they have character and are the most comfortable things to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed when I read what you said about dresses being 'instant outfits' because that's exactly how I feel about them! I usually rush the dress section of thrift stores because I know if I find nothing but a dress I have one new complete outfit! So easy.
    The dress looks so pretty on you! A good keeper. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a babe! I own mostly dresses I think.....for the very reason you cited - instant outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I thought I just left a comment but I can't see it....anyhow it was something about you being a babe and me being lazy and wearing dresses because of what you said about it being an instant outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo