Pages

1/28/13

When the Sun Rose

Here is the next installment of photos from my photoshoot that I've mentioned and that I've shared parts of already. So much pretty light! we could not have timed it better, and it wasn't really planned that way.  In these photos, Hannah is wearing a 1940s kimono that I bought from Mindy Sue. It's incredibly beautiful. I'm loving playing around with the blurry shots...and the light. some of the photos captured little light ghosties hanging out by Hannah's gorgeous face.


here is a poem from Mary Oliver that I love, that I feel is appropriate with these photos in this moment:


The Swan

Did you too see it, drifting, all night, on the black river?
Did you see it in the morning, rising into the silvery air -
An armful of white blossoms,
A perfect commotion of silk and linen as it leaned
into the bondage of its wings; a snowbank, a bank of lilies,
Biting the air with its black beak?
Did you hear it, fluting and whistling
A shrill dark music - like the rain pelting the trees - like a waterfall
Knifing down the black ledges?
And did you see it, finally, just under the clouds -
A white cross Streaming across the sky, its feet
Like black leaves, its wings Like the stretching light of the river?
And did you feel it, in your heart, how it pertained to everything?
And have you too finally figured out what beauty is for?
And have you changed your life?


...

remember my post yesterday about the full moon? well I went forth to experience both communication breakthroughs AND melodrama. so there we go. sometimes one leads to the other, actually. communication can be dramaaaatic. i mean, it doesn't have to be, but sometimes it just is. 

I have lots of big things coming up, and I'm excited to share them with everyone. I am also, as I promised to do, taking another break from good ole Facebook, but my LB+L page is still operating...thanks to Alice! Alice (of The Cosmic Collage) will be running the Lost Boys + Lovers FB page while I travel for a bit and listen ever-more closely to my heart. So, give her some love now and then - and you can always contact me here or by sending me a good old fashioned email. Feeling thankful for Alice and for this network of women that continues to expand and grow in such amazing ways. Thank you to everyone for supporting me in the ways that you do. 

2 comments:

  1. these are so pretty. and i love love love mary oliver. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. each night I'm eager to greet this moon; I'm so captivated. Look forward to reading more of your adventures Sadie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo