Pages

1/1/13

In with the new

Yessss! I, for one, am super excited to welcome the first day of the Gregorian new year. Best yet, we still have a few weeks and then we get to welcome in the Chinese new year which is a personal favorite. Something about the Chinese new year just feeeels good inside of me. 

Honestly, I went to bed last night at 10:00 and would not have noticed the passing of midnight except for the many neighbors who began shooting their guns off at that hour. luckily, my sleep was deep and restful and i managed to slide back into it almost instantly after the gunfire. As a ritual of renewal, i brushed my hair before i went to bed. i brush my hair almost never, and it gets very very tangled - and then the brushing ends up being a huge project, one that takes time and patience. 

This morning, in spite of my mellow celebrations, i feel excited. 2012 was no joke. it was a year of opening and unfurling, rawness and tears. i know, of course, that "such is life," and as i move forward there will always be hard work, sadness, joy and pain. but cycles are cycles no matter how you look at it. it is always exhilarating when a cycle ends, for it ensures a new chapter in some way. I welcome this next year with open arms and delight. 

to celebrate the passing of the old and the arrival of the new, i'm posting a bunch of photos from times gone by. reminiscing is one of my favorite things about growing up more and more. 


Asher, camping in the redwoods - August 2011
modeling for Gather Jewelry on my couch (my mom made the couch, i recently received it as an heirloom gift from my grandma)
me and asher, portland 2006
back porch in chico, spring 2011
me and my mom, 1985 (?)
Asher on the path - 2010
asher turns 7
watching bridesmaids get ready - Portland 2010 
boys - 2012
Mariah and Sophie for LB+L - jan 2012
epic sunset - summer solstice 2012. 

Happy new year to you all. May you step forward with strength and certainty during this time; and may you call on the same strength and certainty to leave behind all that does not serve you in the next chapter. 




5 comments:

  1. happy new year my dear! :)

    i'm happy to see 2012 off. it was, in all honesty, a tough year. can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, dear! Email coming soon. Things have been a little busy around here. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great collection of memories... best to you this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!
    I left a little gift for you on my blog today (◕‿◕✿)
    http://stars-in-jars.blogspot.kr/2013/01/nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved seeing all of these!! xo m

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo