Pages

1/2/12

Revolutions

And so another trip around the sun begins again. Though I am not one for new year's resolutions, I feel quite deeply the significance of the metamorphosis symbolism of the new year. It simply cannot be missed; I actually experienced it quite profoundly and am still deep in the midst of it as we speak. transformations can be time consuming, but are always well-worth the effort.



 tomorrow I am setting off on a grand ole adventure with Asher, wherein we will head north together to see old friends and some family. we will stop at our favorite places and eat our favorite food; we will listen to music and revel in the expanse of time and space before us. i am, needless to say, very excited. i plan on finding a few select treasures along the way to list in my shop, and will keep you all updated as my journey progresses.


this season of winter winds and solstice light is such a time of rest and hibernation, of silence and observation, of simply sitting and letting it go. i hope that you are all able to do a bit of that, in your own way, even as the daily hustle goes on. drink tea and keep your feet warm, it is a sure way to strengthen your heart.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I agree...I definitely find myself withdrawing in the winter months. I find it a wonderful time for reflection and soul searching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading your posts and thinking of you gives me strength and encouragement. :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i look forward to hearing of all your new adventures!
    i wish you and yours a happy and healthy 2012!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love that last line.

    I am with you on really feeling this transitionary shift right now. And I am very serious about my resolutions. You and Asher have a good trip, I look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Sadie and happy travels to you and Asher! May the Winter's transformative efforts bear beautiful fruits come Spring <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Honeychild! Plans are in progress ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo