Pages

6/28/11

Is a month long enough?

Oh blog-land, I miss you. My month off has been delightful, but I'm reopening my door before the end of summer so that I can connect with all you women of the interwebs and so that I can share my own heart & stories if I feel like it. There is so much that can be said, and so much that can be done. And of course it cannot fit into one small post.

June did not disappoint. It was full of stars and sleep, sun and heat, awakenings and determination. Asher & I packed up our supplies and headed with a girlfriend to the Mendocino fairgrounds to vend our wares at a very large festival. It was a LOT of work, and I admit to being very intimidated by all the "professional" vendors that surrounded us. But it was successful, both financially and personally! Asher was such a good sport, and we made so many new friends....and learned so many new lessons. Our booth went up effortlessly and came together perfectly, we strung lights and hung lavender and the magic glowed:


California dreaming is in full effect at the moment. Today is a thunderous and rainy interlude in amongst all the hot days we've been having. Soon I'll show you photos of our garden progress, and of Asher's new haircut (blessed be, we can see his face!).... and as more stories arise, I'll share them.

Hopefully you've not wandered too far away in my brief absence, and if you have, come by when you can - the more the merrier.

Before parting today, I have two announcements. First is that Amber at Violet Folklore is building a new fan page on Facebook, so please head over and support her if you want. She's also transitioning through some major life movements, so remember that anything you buy from her is supporting a hard-working mama.

Second, I am having a 25% off summer sale at sadieDELUXE, so check it out if you're feeling inspired to pick up some goods (enter code ILOVESUMMER at checkout)....

White Rabbit 1960s cut-out go-go boots
River Walk vintage granny mocs
Aqua Aura Quartz bullet
Instant Collection - vintage coffee mugs
Aragonite crystal bullet
One Love handmade red/green/gold feather & concha earrings

11 comments:

  1. You busy lady! The booth looks like it was gorgeous, I'm sure if I was at that festival I would have come hung out under that tent for a while. Happy to see you back. Will be in touch when I get home next week. I'm head over heels for every single new pair of earrings! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, your booth looks so darling and magical! Just like your photographs, which I have been greatly admiring lately.

    This is the first blog post I have commented on all month, it's good to know I haven't been alone in my absence.

    Thank you so much for the shout out sweet sister. Hope to swim in the river with you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this blog mean you're back? I missed your posts. But I'm glad you had fun, your tent looks absolutely enchanting. And I love those blue mocs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back <3 Your momentary shop looks like it sprung up from the earth, full of treasure. Lots of love to you, and I'm glad you're gonna tap in a little more now.
    XO,
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your setup looks superb! Just followed Violet Folklore on facebook too! :) Thanks for the mention. I love the reminder of all of the mamas doing their own thing out there, so consistently inspiring for me. Oh, and btw, those cut out boots? BEYOND COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your booth looks AMAZING! I just want to have a slumber party in there. Very magical indeed.

    You were definitely missed, blog friend! Every time I'd see a twitter update from you, I'd think "aww Sadie, when will you return???" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey girl! you need to vend at this belly dance festival i go to every year in sebastapol, called tribal fest. your shit would go like wildfire, i mean it. everybody is really into the leather, feathers, fringe, steam punk thing right now in the bellydance scene, and when i was there this year, i saw nothing even remotely as cool as your stuff, and i told a lot of people about you. i wish i'd had your cards. glad to see you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your violet folklore shout out :) warms me up on this weird rainy day. i'm loving see your photos and your dreamy booth; what a lovely job you did and how fun to have your buddy!

    thanks for checking in. i agree with amber...when you two go swimmning i am SO IN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadie! Though you haven't been entirely absent from my life (thank you) I'm so happy to see you here. So happy to find that we're all gravitating back after a refreshing time off it seems. So happy that you and Asher have this past month bathed in starlight and adventure and togetherness. So happy to see all these treasures in your shoppe (I had to hold back REALLY hard to not buy the 60s hippie mugs. I have the exact same green and brown one-hubby and I love 'em since our car doesn't have cup holders). Happy to be have you share your travels and joys and hoping that once I'm all caught up with, well, everything, there can be some plans for sharing those journeys.

    So much and yes, Heather is right, what an awesome shout out. I'm following suit.

    ALL MY LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I walked upon your booth, I would be going into convulsions! I would bust out my tent and sleep in the middle of all that beauty!!! Here I go----poking over to your etsy ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Moly, I wanna curl up and sleep in your grassy, low lit shop! What a great spot you guys set up, sounds fun too! Those granny mocs are amazingly cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo