Pages

5/31/11

Summer vacation

June is upon us and soon soon soon I hope it will be dreadfully hot so that I am sweaty and sticky and that there is nowhere else to possibly be but creekside.
 
I have been thinking about many things over the past few days, and I've decided to take a short blogging break for the summer. I will certainly be back, dear ones!  I feel compelled to take this season off so that I can work on some things behind the scenes, and so I can spend as much time outdoors and with Asher as possible. This is my first summer where I am not stuck in as much of a rigorous work routine as I've been in the past, and I want to make the most of these summer days with the boy. If any of us remember anything, it's the magic of summer vacation in childhood. I want to actively shape that memory with him this summer.


Before I go, though, I have a few things to post about. First and foremost, my beloved model Leandra is leaving sadieDELUXE! Be still my heart. I am sad to see her go, but simultaneously filled with joy as she heads south to pursue her dreams. So many thank yous, Leandra! I will miss you, and so will everyone who looks at my shop. You are a beautiful blessing to this world.


Second, I recently bought a hole punch/riveting press from local artisans Zeeko Salvage. This is one of the things that will be taking up my time during my blog vacation! Zeke and his wife Erica make all sorts of cool shit from all sorts of other cool shit - reconstructers extraordinaire. This particular press is made from an old mailroom handle of some sort, and I can use it to punch holes and set rivets in my leather harnesses. YAY.  I'm setting up a new workspace as we speak, and reorganizing all sorts of systems, so it's sure to be a productive adventure ahead. Many thanks to Zeke for the beautiful custom-made tool.



All that being said, I suppose I will say goodbye for now, though I'll undoubtedly be back in the blink of a warm-summer eye. I'm going to still be working on the shop a lot and posting my listings on Twitter, but I'll be off the blog and the Facebook for a little bit until I spring back with renewed vigor. If you'd like to contact me, email me! I love emails. My email address is on the sidebar.

Many fruit-filled blessings to all of you in this beloved season of earth-magic.

9 comments:

  1. Blessings to you and Asher! May you have a summer worthy of you spirits.
    Love,
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black and white top with the yellow sunglasses.. Very cute!
    Looking forward to see what you do with the press, I LOVE getting new tools! I just ordered 2 pairs of scissors from joannes, can't wait to play with them when I get home!
    Nikki
    PS: Check out my new vintage shop!
    http://littlebitvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an ambition for your summer that is both noble and whimsical! Excellent. Have a great time and see you in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no Leandra a loss for us all and no blog pics will be sad for me but i totally get it, few worship summer as much as i do.
    notihng is a good as a free schedule, a hammock, warmth and long sunny days. hope you have a chance to get bored or at least Asher will feel the creativite burst fueled by the lull.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadie sweet darling! I fully support your blogging break, and the reasons behind it.

    How exciting to have such a rad new tool at your disposal. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    So long Leandra! I do hope this means we may see more of you in your shop photos??

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll miss you, but hey if it means more time with your honeys and hole-punches then so be it. Love and light, 'm dear and happy journeys to Leandra.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will miss you, and anxiously await the magic you create with your new tool and fresh summer inspiration :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your summer! I, too, will be spending a lot of summertime with my son :)
    And good luck to Leandra!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a bitchen summer, don't do anything I wouldn't do! hahahahha

    Did you used to write that when you signed yearbooks? :D That first picture of Asher is beautiful. I hope you do have a fantastic summer break, creekside and all. Good luck and good adventures to your Leandra.

    And happy crafting to you lady! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo