Pages

5/2/11

the shift

Today, instead of feeling overwhelmed by the piles of stuff gathering in various corners and pathways of my house, the unfolded clean laundry on the couch, the dirty laundry in the bathroom, the gritty dirt on the floor - instead of feeling overwhelmed, I felt so grateful to have all this stuff, all this space, all this time to clean when I want to, to make art where I want to, to leave piles where I want to and to have all of this be wrapped up in a beautiful, window-ed structure that is my home and my protection.

7 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post. In every way. Have you heard of Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach? I read through it last year, and the message on your wall is the theme of the book.
    It is *SO TRUE*. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see my last post? I was having these exact sentiments! It's so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that makes a lot of sense :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a blessing to be able to say what you have! We can freak out, or accept and enjoy what we have (and clean when we can!) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice, important sentiments...should serve as a reminder for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo