Pages

3/18/11

sneak peeks & pretty girls

This week I spent an entire day hard at work (with a team of fine women) shooting photos for a friend's line of jewelry. I'm really excited to show the final photos off soon....but I don't want to show anything until everything is polished and ready. In the meantime, here are some behind-the-scenes shots:





I loved the getting-ready rituals. Nothing like a handful of girls decking each other out in lingerie and chains. Here's me, behind the camera (thanks to Rachel for these ones):


More on that after the weekend, I promise. AND....stay tuned for a sadieDELUXE spring equinox giveaway next week. My last one was on the solstice, so I figured why not make a seasonal event out of it?

Happy Friday to all, and may this big bright full moon bring magic to your stomping grounds. Or, if it brings mostly cramps and insanity....well then join the fucking club. Haha! (Cheers, ladies....Here's to being the only lunar primates on earth. xo)

7 comments:

  1. you are such a doll. can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I've fallen so behind on my blog reading lately! So happy to see you had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see the final results of what looks to have been a pretty awesome shoot here. What an adorable photographer you are!!!

    Hey, I picked up a few treasures for you at the thrift store yesterday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last, glorious, paragraph makes me think of this good Sex, Time, and Power: How Women's Sexuality Shaped Human Evolution by Leonard Shlain. I read it years ago and picked it up off the bookshelf yesterday and dove back in. Really fascinating. And I realized later that it just may have been the moon overhead and the blood in my womb that inspired me!

    Looking at your darling little self hard at work there. Looking forward to seeing what all came of it! Ohh and I love that little white lacy bra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love candid shots like these, especially when you get to see the end result. You look so sweet. An email is heading your way after one more party and I TOO picked up a few treasures for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. amber i am going to check out that book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a little cutie! Call me if you ever want a back-up photographer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo