Pages

11/3/10

Namesake

Since I was a little girl, I've been an avid collector of all things Sadie. Imagine my joy when my Aunt Bess discovered an entire series of young adult novels all about an adventurous young brunette prairie girl named Sadie Rose!! Can you believe it? I read them all and treasured the stack of them on my shelf.

Today I discovered this gorgeous dress in Dear Golden's shop:

Description from Dear Golden: vintage late 1930s raspberry crepe dress with full gathered and pintucked bodice, square neckline, 3/4 sleeves, large saffron rose corsage pin, angled sleeve cuffs, flared skirt and metal side & nape of neck zipper. belt loops but no belt.

For those of you who don't know, Lauren of Dear Golden is a vintage proprietress with remarkable skills and talent. Her shop is beautiful and packed full of treasures, and her simple, poetic names and titles have surely been part of starting a global trend in online vintage shops.

Point of my long story is that this dress is named SADIE'S ROSE dress. I find it perfectly fitting for this rose-colored beauty and am honored to have my name be a part of the Dear Golden collection. xoxo

Special thanks to Lauren at Dear Golden and to Gina at Huzzah for the "Who is Dear Golden?" post!

1 comment:

  1. that is so neat! and what an amazing dress to share a name with :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo