Pages

11/13/09

Winter is for roasting


Success! Inspired by my recent purchase, I am determined to cook more good food. Last night I cooked a couple things, and made up this chicken dish as an experiment. It's delightfully simple and delicious! I'm writing it here primarily so that I don't forget. Here's what I did:

Placed 2 chicken drumsticks in a Pyrex round 8" pan, in a thick layer of olive oil. I cut up several fingerling potatoes (yum) and placed them around the chicken. I also peeled and diced one apple and added it to the potatoes, along with a few cloves of garlic.

Then I poured more olive oil all over everything and added lots of sea salt. I was very generous with both items. Finally, I drizzled the drumsticks with a bit of balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of fresh lemon.

I roasted it at 350 uncovered for...hmmmm....probably about 45 minutes, and then covered it with tinfoil and left it in there for about 20 more or so. It was delicious! I wish I had taken a picture, but it was devoured quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo