Pages

6/18/09

The pregnancy sandwich


This was what I ate nearly every single day when I was pregnant. It is sooo good, so protein-packed, and so easy to adapt to your own tastes. Here's what I did:

On 2 slices of your favorite bread (I toasted it), spread butter and/or vegenaise, and then spread peanut or almond butter on one side. Add a fried egg, sliced tomato, avocado, and some fresh basil. Sprinkle salt and pepper as desired.

I can't really express how amazing this sandwich is. And when you're pregnant, calories are your very best friend. YUM!!

I first heard about this sandwich from a co-worker long ago who was one of those crazy triathalon nerds. Always on his bike or swimming or running, etc. He said his fave energy snack was fried egg, PB, and tomato sandwich. I adopted and adapted it, and it became the ultimate staple in my pregnancy diet.

1 comment:

  1. what YOU did? as i recall, it was your husband who was making the overwhelming majority of said samdwiches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo