Pages

6/10/09

Festival Cookies


Oh yes. The festival posts are not over, my friends. Hopefully I actually make it to a festival this year so that I can finally put all this festy-lust somewhere productive! Anyway, this recipe is one that I made often a few years ago. I made sure to bring a huge batch to any gathering I went to - cookies are such a fun treat to hand out, and these always hit the spot no matter what time of day it is.

So, start with your classic Nestle Toll House recipe, adapted as you like (you know, OG flour, whole wheat flour, maple syrup instead of brown sugar, etc., etc. Whatever your thing is, do it.) Or keep it as it is. I just use this recipe as my starting point for a lot of cookies. I usually add about 1/2 a cup of oats, and reduce the flour amount by that much to make room.

After the cookie dough is all mixed up, add (some combination of) the following:
  • Chocoloate chips
  • Shredded coconut
  • Chopped walnuts/pecans
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Hemp or flax seeds. Or sesame seeds.
  • Chopped candied ginger
  • Currants
The cookies are still dessert-y and delicious, but with all that extra stuff, they really do carry an extra protein and nutrition kick that is priceless when you've been dancing all night and the sun is coming up and breakfast is a million miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Even if I don't reply, I read and appreciate every single one of you. xo